Proponent: Youth First Initiative Philippines Inc.
To make increasingly active contributions to the sustainable development goals, Youth First Initiative Philippines, Inc. (YFI PH Inc.) is implementing a pandemic response project called Bakal Lokal.
Bakal Lokal is an online platform to bridge micro, small and medium producers, delivery services, advocates and the consumers. The project will also develop the capacity and potential of our partners through our awareness campaigns and capacity building trainings.
The s project is funded under the 2019 Grants-in-Aid (GIA) fund of the Department of Science and Technology-Region VI starting in Iloilo City for the first year of the project.
- Address the logistical challenge involving food and other goods of consumers and MSMEs during the COVID-19 pandemic situation;
- Minimize financial loss of local micro and small entrepreneurs (MSMEs) and individuals with no regular income during restrictive and logistically challenging events such as the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ);
- Bridge consumers to MSMEs and match local producers to MSMEs in Western Visayas by showcasing locally produced products of Region 6 using available technology;
- Significantly increase awareness on responsible production and consumption in Western Visayas;
- Empower MSMEs and local producers in Western Visayas and help them adapt to and thrive in the changing economic landscape.
- Micro/Startup Enterprises
- Local Farmer Cooperatives
- Local Producers