Number of BPOs
Employment in BPOs
Major BPO/Call Center
currently operating in Iloilo
Iloilo City is recognized as an ideal investment area for investment in Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) due to its stable energy source, availability of commercial and building spaces, and the high number of college graduates with high English proficiency.
Science, technology, and innovations (STIs) helps local governments provide solutions to problems in traffic and the transport system, protecting the environment, monitoring the stability of infrastructures, education, housing, disaster risk reduction, and food safety.
Colliers International Philippines said that Iloilo will experience an influx of outsourcing companies like call centers. Premier developers like the Megaworld, Ayala Land, SM Prime Holding, and Robinsons Land have constructed BPO office spaces in their respective development locations.
One of the recent priorities of the Iloilo local government is “Innovate Iloilo,” a strategic roadmap that is geared towards the use of science, technology, and innovation to improve economic performance.
Iloilo is dominated by young entrepreneurs and technology innovators. Its total population of 2.36 million including Iloilo City in 2015 is characterized by 50 percent young or 29 years old and below.
Universities like the University of the Philippines, West Visayas State University and ISAT University are integral collaborators in business and technology incubators that start new companies.
- IT-BPM services for the domestic market, such as; artificial intelligence and data science/analytics services, back-office services, IT services, creative services, and other non-voice services.
- Animation, software development, game development, health information management systems, and engineering design.
- Upgrading of skills and training program related to people, process, tools and technology.
- Establishment of connectivity facilities for fixed and mobile broadband services.
- Establishment of Centers of Excellence (COE) or institutions that specialize in technical education and training in various disciplines in Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development.
- Establishment of Innovation Centers or communities of industry entrepreneurs and academic researchers.
- Business Incubator Hubs that will assist entrepreneurs and startup companies to develop a repeatable and scalable business model by providing infrastructure and services. The hub will have the following facilities: office space, internet access, business meeting/conference room, training room, and storage room. It should also provide the following services:
a) Technical Assistance (e.g., industry-based workshops, grant proposal writing, etc.);
b) Intellectual Property (IP) management and legal counseling services;
c) Business development and marketing assistance; and
d) Administrative services.
- Commercialization of New and Emerging Technologies and products of DOST and other government-funded Research and Development programs.